We know that finding a best match pots and pans for your kitchen is sometimes not easy, hard to understand, and very opinionated by ads, then our goal is to provide you with unbiased, honest information, easy-to-browse guides with links directly to stores that carry them.
Stainless Cookware: Advantages & Disadvantages
Not just a passing trend, stainless steel has become the hot choice in contemporary cookware for very good reasons. Durable and easy to clean, these pots and pans keep their condition for years. Whether browning, roasting or frying foods, this is an ideal choice Ėboth for chefs and home cookers. These are all you should know before buying one:
Stainless steel pots and pans are the great gear for any kitchen, as they are highly durable, easy to clean and shiny look. As this kind of cookware donít conduct heat as fast as some other materials, they can be safer to deal with. When shopping for cookware, there are many different factors to take into consideration for picking the right home pots and pans. However, these are some outstanding benefits:
- Durability: This kind of pots and pans are extremely durable. Forget the problems of chip, stain, peel or rust. The more quality stainless-steel, the more hardness of the surface as itís scratch-resistance. A good stainless cook set will last for long, which even can be passed to the next generation.
- Less Expensive: Stainless is considered as a wise choice for the budget, as itís relatively reasonably priced comparing to others for the same performance. Moreover, as itís traditional.
- Less Maintenance: Stainless requires simple maintenance. In fact, it has no special techniques for cleaning, just need the right solution which is washed by soap and water, or even goes into the dishwasher.
- Nice Appearance: Shiny, glossy and sturdy-feeling are great for hanging in your kitchen. Most stainless gears are mirror-finished, which are easy to clean and care.
- Easy to Clean: As smooth, non-porous and hard surface, itís very easy to clean. You just need a little learning to care.
- Versatility Uses: Stainless is one of the safe products for acid foods. It allows cooking acidic recipes, such as Tomato sauces or Cilantro Lime Catfish, without the risk of leaching any harmful chemicals. For safety-concerned, read more about the safety of stainless.
- Poor Heat Distribution: Stainless material itself is bad in heat conductivity, which means low cooking performance Ė slowly and unevenly temperature changes. So, one thing to get in mind when looking for this kinds of cookware, it needs to be boned with some excellent heat-transferred materials, mostly aluminum or copper.
- For quality products, copper or aluminum will run inside from the side to the bottom of the pots and pans, which is the best for enhancing cooking ability. Some of these types are All-Clad or named as Ďcladí. The second best version is putting heat-transferred materials in the bottom or called bottom disc. This type costs lower, as well as its performance.
- The inferior products have no enhanced conductive materials either clad or bottom disc, which are very poor performance and less durable. This is why most experts recommend buying quality stainless cookware.
- Food Stick: Stainless steel is great for sautť, browning, stewing, deep frying or boiling, but not searing some foods. Unless using some oil or fat, these are at least 3 things which will be never worked with this kind of skillets- eggs, tofu and lean fish and meat.
In conclusion, if you want a set of household pots and pans that will stay longest life, help prevent overcooking and stay cleaner longer, then you should buy a good set of stainless steel cookware.